In my edit page: url = profile/:id/edit

the content is !

<%= form_for(@user, :as => :user, :url => profile_path(current_user),
:html=>{:method => :put}) do |form| %>

<%= form.text_field :email, :class=>"input"%>

<%= form.submit 'Update Profile'%>

<% end %>

In controller section !

class ProfileController < ApplicationController

  def edit
      @user = User.find(params[:id])
  end

  def update

    @user = User.find(params[:id])

    @user.email = params[:user][:email]

    @user.save

      respond_to do |format|

      if @user.save =  @user.update_attributes(params[:user])

        if @user.update_attributes(params[:user])
          format.html {redirect_to(profile_path(@user), :notice => 'User
was successfully updated.')}
        else
          format.html { render action: "index" }

In Route ...

match "/profile/:id" => "profile#index", :as => :profile
match "/profile/:id/edit" => "profile#edit", :as => :profile_edit
put '/profile/:id' => "profile#update"  ## method = put for update

In Model - update data be saved in user table.

But I can't update data . In rails server screen , I see the edit
process.I can't see update process - like " Update user where

Pls give me a hand!!!!!!!