On Jun 25, 12:04 pm, Jean-Francois Labbe <jeff...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Let say, i have an association between a project and a task.
> A project has_many taks and a task belongs_to a project.
> My model is working great.
> I can create tasks from project and so on but my problem comes when i
> want to add a button on the project index view to add task to a
> project.
>
> What i want is something like that
> (project index view)
>
> Project 1 Show, edit, destroy, add_task
> Project 2 Show, edit, destroy, add_task
>
> So that when i click add_task of project1 i'm redirected to a new task
> form to create a task for that project.
>
> i've added <%= link_to 'add_task', new_task_path(:project_id =>
> project) %> in the project index view
>
> so when i click on add_task, it redirects me to /task/new?project_id=1
>
> but when i submit the task, the task is not linked to the project.
> How can i get the project_id?

Short answer: your form needs to submit it.

Typically one does this by having routes that look like

resources projects do
  resources :tasks
end

then new_project_task_path(some_project) will be /projects/123/tasks/
new

and you'll get params[:project_id] set to 123

if you set @project based on this and make your form something like

form_for [@project, Task.new] do |f|

then the form will be posted to  /projects/123/tasks and you will once
again have params[:project_id] set to 123 for you.

Fred