Hi,

I am new to rails and am making a meeting manager that manages meetings
for people at different locations. So it should be able to keep track of
meetings of people at different places and also know what a place is
being used for.

Here is a link to the model (I have also attached as a file):
http://www.kevinmccaughey.org/relationships/relationships.html

And here is an explanation for the diagram:

NOTES:

Person: Just a person in the organisation.

Meeting: A collection of attendees meeting at place and particular time.

Place: A physical building somewhere, with rooms (or a single room) that
can be used as a venue for a meeting.

Attendee: A person attending a unique meeting. A person could be an
attendee at multiple meetings during the week.

Booking: A time and place for a meeting. There can be more than one
meeting within the same booking, or the booking can be in a different
room. This is because there may be lots of places within a building to
meet, and lots of meetings going on at the same time.

Check: Please ignore this for the time being. I am attaching it to
attendees for future use in a queue system (I do not want to poll the
attendees for events, I will create checks).

Many thanks for any comments you have on this. It is my first time
creating the model and I have already removed many<->many by design in
case someone is wondering why there are no many<->many links.

Kevin

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/7826/Base_Classes.jpg