On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Fahim Patel <pafa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:23:48 AM UTC+5:30, jim wrote:
>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 26/11/2012, at 11:58 PM, Fahim Patel <paf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi ,
>> I am facing one problem , when i require //= require jquery_ujs in app.js
>> than i am getting error in console.
>>
>>  Q1. What is use  jquery_ujs.js ?We have already included jquery.js than
>> why we need jquery_ujs.js ?
>>

>> It is needed so that links that have remote: true and is not a get
>> request will include the authenticity token when you click it. Search for
>> jquery_ujs
>>

>> ########application.js########**############
>> //= require jquery
>> //= require jquery-ui
>> //= require jquery_ujs
>> //= require_tree .
>>

>> What gem provides jquery-ui?  It may already be loading ujs. You can look
>> at this gem of you want to use jquery ui
>> https://github.com/joliss/**jquery-ui-rails<https://github.com/joliss/jquery-ui-rails>
>>
> In dummy project  i do //= require jquery_ujs in app.js and there is no
> error message shown.

In this case, I'm not sure what's wrong.  when you say app.js, do you mean
application.js? Or do
you have another js file by the name of app.js?

>> getting error in firebug console shown below:-
>>
>> Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!
>>
>> throw new Error( msg );
>>
>>  Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
>>  TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function
>>
>> If you're having the error above, other js wont probably run.
>>

>> $('#query').autocomplete();
>>

>> Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting
>> error below one
>>
>> "NetworkError: 404 Not Found  - http://localhost:3000/assets/**defaults.js
>> <http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js>"
>>

>> Replace :defaults with 'application'
>>

> I include  <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> in one of dummy project
>  and there is no error is showing in console.
>
> Did i am missing any thing which create problem in javascript files?

I'm also not sure about this one.  Newly generated projects dont use the
:default directive (do you call it a directive?).
They use 'application' which is the reason why I told you to change it to
'application' because it is trying to load default.js