On Jan 21, 2013, at 1:15 PM, Osifo Anosike wrote:

> "Андрей Большов" <asnow....@gmail.com> wrote in post #1093053:
>> What about:
>> rake -T
>> rake --version
>>
>> in common rake always print out some results, try run your command with
>> `--trace`. If you have blank output for `rake -T` and got output `rake
>> --version` then my guess is that you have `exit` somewhere in you
>> app(try
>> see in rakefile)
>>

>> , 21  2013 ., 19:01:23 UTC+4  Ruby-Forum.com
>> User :
>

> Thanks a  lot! I ran with rake -t (this time from the root of my
> cucumber features directory), what i got was: "rake aborted! "You have
> already activated rake 10.0.3 but your gem file requires 10.0.2 run
> bundle exec may resolve this.
> I ran bundle exec, but still  the same error. I followed the stack
> trace, but could not understand the line of code pointed to.
>
> Please permit my being amateur, and thanks in anticipation for your
> reply!
----
probably the best thing to do is start doing everything the Rails 3 way...

# from command line prompt

#install locally bundled gems in your app first
#inspects Gemfile and writes Gemfile.lock
bundle install

#prefix all rake commands with 'bundle exec' to use locally bundled gems
bundle exec rake -T
bundle exec rake db:migrate
bundle exec rake cucumber:ok

You should get the idea