Depending on what you're trying to do there might be some java or flash
applet that will let you do that.
Theoretically you could just store the path and tell the applet to open
that file.

Your users would have to agree to install the applet and understand the
risks.

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Jordon Bedwell <envyge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Jordon Bedwell <envyge...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM, sagar p. <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> >> I apologize if I am unclear. My question was to access client's local
> >> file system, not the Heroku's. I wonder if your answer still sticks to
> >> 'NO'.
> >
> > This is exactly what my "no, just no" referred to.  And not for any
> > more reason than it's a huge security risk that you should not throw
> > you or your users into unless you absolutely know what you are doing
> > and they absolutely understand the risk they are taking.
>
> To elaborate there are other reasons why the no applies, but this is
> the only reason I care about.

~ Jeremiah:9:23-24
Android 2D MMORPG: http://solrpg.com/,
http://www.youtube.com/user/revoltingx