On Feb 13, 2013, at 2:27 AM, Soichi Ishida wrote:

> Rails 3.2.11
>
> When users click a "submit" button, the app can show a confirm dialog by
> adding
>
>  :confirm => "Are you sure?"
>
> I need to let it appear if certain conditions are met. It does not
> appear if the conditions are not met although the submit action would
> get executed.
>
> Say, I have a checkbox, then some JavaScript function detects if the
> checkbox is checked or not.
> Then, when users decide to click the submit button, the javascript
> function sees if the checkbox status: the dialog appears if checked and
> submit action follows as users confirm it. The dialog does not appear
> but submit action gets executed without confirmation.
>
> Could anyone give me some ideas how to implement something described?

Sure. Set up two buttons on a scratch form page, look at the output in a
browser, and note the differences between them. (Depending on the version of
Rails you are using, it will be something like data-confirm="Are you sure?" or
it might be a blodge of inline JavaScript hooked to the click event.)

What you'll need to do -- in JavaScript -- is observe the form for changes, and
programmatically add that property or listener depending on the current state
of the form. In Prototype, I would use the Form.Observer method. I'm not sure
what the equivalent is in jQuery, but I'm sure there's something like it.

Walter