Jason Hsu, Android developer wrote in post #1096722:
> I understand the "rails generate" command generates the files needed for
> general type of app.  The types of apps include scaffold, model,
> controller, and others.
>
> What are all the options, and what do they all mean?

The rails generate ("rails g" for short) is used to generate lots of
different things. Not just standard rails models, controllers, views,
etc. It is a mechanism that can also be used by gems, rails engines, or
even custom generators that you write yourself.

I could try to explain the standard rails generators... or you could
just read the rails guides.

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html#creating-a-resource

The above shows the used of rails generate scaffold, but if you scan
through the "Getting Started with Rails" guide it shows how to use the
generators to generate the individual parts of a Rails app.

Judging from your question this guide is where you need to start.