On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM, tamouse mailing lists
<tamouse.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://github.com/assafshomer/clear_button/pull/1
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:20 PM, tamouse mailing lists
> <tamouse.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> let me push my change up and do a PR and see if you can see a diff: it
>> works for me.

>>> I think this is what I did in the last push, isn't it?
>>>
>>> Before:

>>> require 'spec_helper'
>>>
>>> describe "Pages" do
>>>   subject { page }
>>>   before { visit '/pages/input'}
>>>   describe "search" do
>>>     it { should have_selector('input#show_button') }
>>>     it { should have_selector('input#clear_button') }
>>>   end
>>>   before do
>>>     fill_in 'input_field', with: 'blah'
>>>     click_button 'Show'
>>>   end
>>>   it "should display the string 'blah'" do
>>>     page.should have_selector('h3', text: 'blah')
>>>   end
>>>   describe 'clear button' do
>>>     before { click_button 'Clear' }
>>>     it "should not show the string 'blah'" do
>>>       page.should_not have_selector('h3', text: 'blah')
>>>     end
>>>   end
>>> end
>>>
>>> now:

>>> require 'spec_helper'
>>>
>>> describe "Pages" do
>>>   subject { page }
>>>   before { visit '/pages/input'}
>>>   describe "input form" do
>>>     it { should have_selector('input#show_button') }
>>>     it { should have_selector('input#clear_button') }
>>>   end
>>>   describe "show button" do
>>>     before do
>>>       fill_in 'input_field', with: 'blah'
>>>       click_button 'Show'
>>>     end
>>>     it "should display the string 'blah'" do
>>>       page.should have_selector('h3', text: 'blah')
>>>     end
>>>   end
>>>   describe 'clear button' do
>>>     before do
>>>       fill_in 'input_field', with: 'blah'
>>>       click_button 'Show'
>>>       click_button 'Clear'
>>>     end
>>>     it "should not show the string 'blah'" do
>>>       page.should_not have_selector('h3', text: 'blah')
>>>     end
>>>   end
>>> end

>>> Bottom line, test still fails.
>>>
>>> any other suggestions?

Okay, as near as I can figure out, capybara is choking on the fact
that you have commit=Show in your query string, you're using
method=GET in your form, and commit=Clear is coming in the request
body. Somehow, when rails is called by the browser, this is handled in
the way you want (which is the request body's commit=Clear overrides
the one in the query string), but in capybara, it isn't.