Hey guys,

I am about to develop my first mobile app with the same function of a
website I have developed in rails. So I have a few questions:

1. My plan is to create an API to the website and build the app using that
API to my website. In your experience is that a good solution?

2. Whats the best option, use a cross-platform framework like
 http://rhomobile.com/ ? something like rubymotion for iOS and try to find
another framework for android? or actually just do it on the given SDK?

3. Should I not even worry about developing a website and go straight ahead
with the app leaving the API idea behind?

4. Any other suggestions?

all the best,

Andre