Colin Law wrote in post #1155829:
> Assuming the above is correct then what is LineItem.expensescounter?
> Is it an association, so in the lineitem class you have lineitem
> belongs_to Expensescounter or has_one Expensescounter?  If so then at
> some point you should have made an expensescounter and assigned it to
> a lineitem object and saved them both in the database.  Your error
> suggests that the lineitem object in @line_item does not have an
> associated expensescounter.  So the code you need to show is how you
> create the expensescounter and then give it to the lineitem.  All you
> have showed so far is a public method (current_expensescounter) which
> finds or creates one, but there is nothing to say that it belongs to
> the particular lineitem referenced by @lineitem.

In your last message, you given clue to solve this error.

> Your error suggests that the lineitem object in @line_item does not have > an
associated expensescounter

This is main clue which help me to solve this error. By trying to solve
this error i learn many things.

Thank you very much to you for helping me and you spent valuable time.

I solved this error because of you.

Again Thank you very much.

Warm regards.