Ok so the main aim is to allow music directors to share info with
members, this info includes rota, song list and a calender to click
dates when they aren't going to be free. This requires a log in access.

I will have to produce 3  pages I will describe what an ADMIN will be
able to do on it:

HOME PAGE - Welcome page showing current rota + songs for that week and
includes updates

CALENDAR PAGE- can click on dates to show you are not free and also
access rote from there

SETTINGS PAGE -
Members List -view away dates
add a new member
enter rota details
enter songs
update member details

So far I have planned out to have these tables and the relationships as
follows:

Users: (has_many) Rota, Instruments, Songs
name
mobile
email
category
other

Rota: (belongs_to) Users
Rota_id
rota_date

Instruments: (belongs_to) Users
keyboard
guitar
bass
drums

Songs:(belongs_to) Users
name

please tell me if i'm heading the right track or any suggestions need be