Rohan,

I started developing Rails with Windows 7 & RubyMine. After about two
months, I switched to Linux Mint 16 and never looked back. Learning a new
operating systems + Rails/Ruby at the same time can be a lot to take in,
but it was worth it. The vast repository information available on the
Internet makes jumping to Linux much easier too.

If you're game, try building a VM or even a dual boot machine running Linux
to develop Rails apps. I doubt you'll regret it.

Respectfully,

Cody Skidmore