The code inside test method doesn't get executed at all.

class MailSender < ActionMailer::Base
  default :from => 'no.reply@some.where'

def test()
  should_die_here
  mail(
    :to => 't...@to.com',
    :subject => 'Test',
    :text => 'Text').deliver

In controller:

MailSender.test() # nothing happen
MailSender.test1() # throws error, method test1 not found.

First call should die in should_die_here line, but nothing happens.
Funny thing is if I try to call nonexisted method I get error, that
method does not exist.

When I reverted to rails 4.1.19 everything works as expected.

Thanks for your advice
TheR