On Wednesday, 18 February 2015 18:46:54 UTC+1, Arup Rakshit wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the below resource table Comment controller :
>
> [arup@app]$ rake routes | grep comments
>       comments    GET    /comments(.:format)          comments#index
>                            POST   /comments(.:format)
>  comments#create
>    new_comment  GET    /comments/new(.:format)      comments#new
>   edit_comment   GET    /comments/:id/edit(.:format) comments#edit
>        comment     GET    /comments/:id(.:format)      comments#show
>                            PATCH  /comments/:id(.:format)
>  comments#update
>                            PUT    /comments/:id(.:format)
>  comments#update
>                            DELETE /comments/:id(.:format)
>  comments#destroy
>
> Now, I am trying to figure out what I read from the guide -
> http://guides.rubyonrails.org/v4.1.8/routing.html#creating-paths-and-urls-from-objects
>

> =======
> If you wanted to link to just a magazine:....
> For other actions, you just need to insert the action name as the first
> element of the array:...
> =======
>
> I tried -
>
> helper.link_to("Show comment", [Comment.first], method: :get)
> helper.link_to("Show comment", Comment.first, method: :get)
> helper.link_to("Show comment", [:show, Comment.first])
> helper.link_to("Show comment", Comment.first, method: :get)
>
> Always I'm getting the error as : ArgumentError: arguments passed to
> url_for can't be handled. Please require routes or provide your own
> implementation
>
> Any idea what am I doing wrong ? I am not getting the result as guide
> promised. :-)
>
> Why do you prefix link_to with 'helper ? To point to a comments#show, just
use
link_to 'Show comment", Comment.first

or
link_to 'Show comment", comment

if you have a *comment *instance variable defined in 'show' action of the
CommentsController.

Your Comment is a RESTful resource and have all the standard RESTful
methods defined by default according to your routes. So, no need to precise
the GET in your link_to helper in the view.