I have a small PHP service that is being called in a JavaScript file by
AJAX :

    $.ajax({
    type: "GET",
    url: "getDate.php",
    dataType:"json",
    data :{
      fromDate:fromDate,
      toDate:toDate
    },
    success: function(data) {
      }
  });

This service contains :

  $fromDate = $_GET['fromDate'];
  $toDate = $_GET['toDate'];
  $fromDate=date_create($fromDate);
  $fromdate =
date_format($fromDate,"Y-m-d")."T".date_format($fromDate,"H:i:s")."Z";
  $fromdate = urlencode($fromdate);
  $toDate=date_create($toDate);
  $todate = date_format($toDate,"Y-m-d")."T23:00:00Z";
  $todate = urlencode($todate);
  $url =
"http://194.209.53.19:8086/query?db=Bellevue&q=select+*+from+measures+where+time%3E%3D%27".$fromdate."%27+and+time%3C%3D%27".$todate."%27";;
  $data = file_get_contents($url, false);
  echo $data;

I need to use this in my Rails application. I was wondering if I could
put the .php file in a Rails folder, and simply call it. Or if there's a
way to do a similar service in Rails? And how do I write these 11 lines
in Rails ? I'm pretty new to Rails.