On 2 September 2015 at 00:58, Richard Beardwood <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>>I agree.  I think the OP is calling ‘ruby -v’ and needs to install the
>>rails gem.  I’ve done this before on a fresh system.  Should be able to
>>do a “gem install rails” and move on from there.
>

> Thanks. You are right. I am new to this and just getting started
> so thanks for the help

One further point, Rails development can be problematic on Windows.
Some have had success I believe but many have difficulties and since
most developers use Linux (eg Ubuntu) or Mac for development it can be
difficult to get help.  I always advise Win users to either set their
machine up to dual boot Ubuntu and Win or to run Ubuntu in a Virtual
Machine such as VMWare or VirtualBox.  Then to install Ruby and Rails
using rvm (others prefer rbenv).

Colin