On 12 April 2016 at 08:52, Naveed Alam <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> As a beginner I suggest you work right through a good tutorial in
>> order to get the basics or Rails.  The one I suggest is
>> railstutorial.org (which is free to use online).
>>
>> Colin
>
> Thanks colin I already tried this but it give me the error:
>
> undefined method `company_name' for nil:NilClass

Please quote the previous message when posting, this is a mailing list
not a forum (though you may be accessing it via a forum like
interface).

If the statement
category.supplier.company_name
gives the error undefined method `company_name' for nil:NilClass then
that means that category.supplier is nil, or to put it another way, it
means that category does not have an associated supplier.  You
probably need something like
which will only attempt to determine the name if category.supplier is not nil

Colin