[image: Notch8_Color.png]

Job Opening:  Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Developer

Notch8 Web and Mobile Application Developers

Notch8 is seeking a DevOps Developer to join our team in downtown San
Diego. We are looking for a talented developer to maintain our sites during
off hours, *12am - 8am Pacific Time*. As such, we are open to hiring a
developer located in a different time zone.

Apply via Indeed.com
<https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Notch8/jobs/Site-Reliability-Engineer-16695081f823b5d6?q=Ruby+On+Rails+Developer&vjs=3>

or directly to care...@notch8.com.

Technologies You’ll Work With:

   -

   Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Rancher, and Ansibl
   -

   Data-stores & Search: PostgreSQL, MSQL, Redis, Solr, Elasticsearc
   -

   Frameworks and Libraries: Ruby on Rails, React, and React Native
   -

   Languages: Ruby & Javascript

Responsibilities Include:

   -

   Communicate infrastructure or service outages with clients and
   stakeholders
   -

   Handle maintenance requests that come in from clients during Notch8's
   off hours
   -

   Manage security of production infrastructure, systems, and application
   -

   Ensure that sites and systems continuously and consistently run
   smoothly, optimally, and efficiently
   -

   Automate configuration management, deployment of product releases and
   provisioning of servers in development, QA, staging, and production
   environments
   -

   Troubleshoot and restore sites to full performance as needed
   -

   Optimize and audit server infrastructure/configuration and
   develop/implement improvements
   -

   Other duties as required

Requirements:

   -

   2+ years experience in DevOps
   -

   Strong experience using virtualization software (Docker, Kubernetes,
   Amazon EC2, Salt, and Ansible)
   -

   Solid experience maintaining and debugging applications in Ruby on Rails
   and JavaScript frameworks or libraries
   -

   Production experience in designing, deploying, and administering complex
   cloud applications
   -

   Strong experience setting up and automating data clusters (MySQL,
   PostgreSQL, Redis, Solr, ElasticSearch, etc.)
   -

   Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
   -

   Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
   -

   Able to work independently with minimal supervision
   -

   Great work ethic, a lot of passion, and a high sense of urgency
   -

   Excited to learn new things and share knowledge and best practices with
   team and greater community

Benefits of Working for Notch8:

   -

   Eight hours per week allocated to professional development
   -

   Being an autonomous member of a collaborative and supportive team
   -

   Flexible work hours - we make work-life balance a priority
   -

   Work-from-home and remote work options
   -

   Comprehensive health, dental, vision and 401K plans
   -

   Located downtown in the center of the San Diego tech community
   -

   Paid parking for local employees

Notch8 was started ten years ago with the intent of creating a healthy work
environment, focused on quality products and building good relationships,
both internally and externally. Today, Notch8 is a proud of our reputation
for leadership in the local tech community, as well as the Ruby and Samvera
communities. We believe in a virtuous cycle of happy: happy engineers build
great software; great software makes happy clients. We also believe all
team members have the right to:

   -

   Strong community involvement
   -

   Trust, respect, and autonomy
   -

   Great work-life balance

Notch8 is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment, which
benefits our company and our clients.  We are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer and consider applications without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, physical ability, family status, age, or veteran status.