Paul Harv wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed libxml-ruby and libxslt-ruby. It took a while but it's
> running now.
> However, on the libxml site (http://libxml.rubyforge.org/install.xml) it
> says:
>
> "...libxml requires a few other libraries to be installed in order to
> build and function properly.
>
>     * libm      (math routines: very standard)
>     * libz      (zlib)
>     * libiconv
>     * libxml2
> ..."
>
> And there's similar stuff on the limxslt-ruby page
> (http://libxsl.rubyforge.org/)
>
> My question is - is it enough for me to just install the gems (have they
> already been built using the appropriate libraries), or do I have to go
> and find these other libraries? If so can you point me to details on
> where to get them and how to install?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

I get these warnings when I install either libxml-ruby or libxslt-ruby:

# gem install libxml-ruby
Successfully installed libxml-ruby-0.9.7
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for libxml-ruby-0.9.7...

Enclosing class/module 'mXPath' for class Expression not known

Enclosing class/module 'mXPath' for class Object not known

Enclosing class/module 'mXPath' for class Context not known

Enclosing class/module 'cXMLParser' for class Context not known
Installing RDoc documentation for libxml-ruby-0.9.7...

Enclosing class/module 'mXPath' for class Expression not known

Enclosing class/module 'mXPath' for class Object not known

Enclosing class/module 'mXPath' for class Context not known

Enclosing class/module 'cXMLParser' for class Context not known

Can I safely ignore them or am I missing a dependency (if so which one?)