I just want to setup a series of pages so that a user clicks through to
create a new contact in my test app (a simple address book).

Such that the flow is like this for the user, each action is a new page.

NEW_CONTACT -> SELECT_CATEGORY -> TYPE_NAME -> TYPE_ADDRESS -> SAVE

that's it.

Thing is I can't quite figure how to do this.

Do I set up lots of actions and views.

e.g

def new
end

def select_category
# I intend to find all the categories and display a list on the screen
end

etc...

And then a new view with a button_to action that redirects to the
select_category action?

How do I pass this record between actions.

I just can't think of the right way to flow this and pass the new
records details between actions and views?