The problem you've run into is that yield blocks have to be filled
before they are called - normally,
with the yields in the layout, everything else from the request will
render first. But since you're calling
content_for in the layout, things aren't working.

The quickest way to do what you're trying would be to put the html
part in a content_for block, and then
call the partial from the header (with a yield :menu_body where the
current partial is). That puts the blocks
into the correct order.

--Matt Jones