Hi everyone,

I use Hostgator as my hosting provider and I checked out the versions of
the apps they are running:

Linux CentOS: 5.3
Ruby: 1.8.5
Rails: 2.3.2
MySQL: 5.1.30

I've been programming on a windows box but I do have a virtual linux box
setup (not for this particular model) - I wasn't even aware that people
still used Ruby 1.8.5..

My current platform for development is:

Windows Vista 32
Ruby: 1.9.1-p129
Rails: 2.3.2
MySQL: 5.1.30

Do you think that there will be some problems with my development
platform when it goes over to production?

What steps do you think I should take (I'm in the process of setting up
a vbox for the exact specifications of my host) just in case the host
setup doesn't work properly?  Is there a better hosting provider than
Gatorhost that will work well with Rails that houses the ability for me
to setup my own environment?

Thanks..