bill walton wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 22:51 +0200, Julien J.F. wrote:
>> forgot to add that the game is passing parameters to the JS functions,
>> and i need to figure out a way to get these back to rails too...
>
> Rails is a framework for building web-based, database-driven
> applications.  I'm not sure, from what you described, that Rails is what
> you're looking for.
>
> Other than displaying the html page and associated JS, what role,
> exactly, does Rails play in the application you're developing?  From
> what you've written I don't see where Rails would naturally enter the
> picture.  When you say 'get these back to Rails', what happens then?
>
> Bill

Well for this particular prototype i'm working on, not much i must
say...

Ultimately though, the projects we have on the line would greatly
benefit from rails, but if we go that route, i need to be able to rely
solely on rails for all the business logic, and a lot of it deals with
elements/events from the game component.
Eventually i hope to be able to handle 3d objects much like dom elements
of the page.

Anyway, right now i'm merely trying to find out how to establish a solid
2 way communication between the game engine and a rails back-end (the
game engine can also execute internal code, by calling a JS function of
its wrapper).
But i'm failing to see if this can be handled purely in rails, or if
i'll need to write some vanilla JS to act as a sort of middleware layer.

I really hope i can pull it off somehow, cause i really don't wanna
spend the next 6 months writing php code... ^^