Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried what you stated with no change.

I installed the .tgz of the gem and moved the entire folder within the
bin folder.
I read the 'readme' and tried to install. I received the below error
after the setup command.
Is this what you mean by "you have to build the gem yourself from
source"?

JohnM

C:\Ruby\bin\amatch-0.2.3>ruby install.rb config
install.rb: entering config phase...
---> bin
<--- bin
---> ext
C:/Ruby/bin/ruby C:/Ruby/bin/amatch-0.2.3/ext/extconf.rb
creating Makefile
<--- ext
install.rb: config done.

C:\Ruby\bin\amatch-0.2.3>ruby install.rb setup
install.rb: entering setup phase...
---> bin
set #! line to "#!C:/Ruby/bin/ruby" for
C:/Ruby/bin/amatch-0.2.3/bin/agrep.rb ...
rm -f agrep.rb.tmp
<--- bin
---> ext
make