I wrote some tests for my controller which all worked as they should
until I added http authentication using 'before_filter :authenticate'

This is the authenticate method:

def authenticate
  authenticate_or_request_with_http_basic do |user, password|
    user == "x" && password == "y"

Now, for example, the following test fails and returns a 404:

def test_should_get_index
  get :index
  assert_response :success
end

Is there any way to pass the user and password to the test. Something
like:

get :index, :user =>"x", :password => "y"

I tried the above and all possible variations I could think of, but with
no success.

Thanks in advance