I second that Colin - I changed from windows to a mac about 3 months
ago and love it. I'm not advocating a mac because they are expensive,
but ubuntu is in all honesty very similar and just as capable. It will
probably be my next move after my mac dies. It makes rails development
way more seamless and integrated. Just an idea - I know it's probably
not the first thing you want to do.

Chris