System problems with rails ?
I have dveloped a rather complex rails application with many gems and
pluginsg.
It worked fine until some days ago, when I started to get some
unredicatble errors that I cannot understand

When I use a certain function for the second time, the system responds
with the error
ActionView::TemplateError (No such file or directory - getcwd) on line
#10 of app/views/layouts/configuration.html.erb:
I use a plugin in this code called navigation helper , but I do not
think that's the problem. When I i change the code I still get the
same error message pointing to line 10 that then is completely
different.
The only way to progress is to restart the server (I use webrick in a
local setup on a mac), then it works again until I use that function
the second time

When I load en error reporting plugin josevalim-rails-footnotes I also
get the errors
ActionView::TemplateError (No such file or directory - getcwd) in /
Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.3/lib/action_controller/
templates/rescues/_trace.erb
ArgumentError (A copy of AuthenticatedSystem has been removed from the
module tree but is still active!):
ArgumentError (A copy of ApplicationController has been removed from
the module tree but is still active!):
I have got similar errors before, but then I just have to reload the
page to get it working agin

What is going on ? Have I configured rails in a wrong way, is my
program eating up itself or is there memory leaks, is it a system bug
or what ????

Any help would be very appreciated