On 29 Sep 2009, at 16:13, Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

>> OK... I Understand...
>> But this is a requirement from my client...
>
> If it were my client, I'd be asking why.  The fact that the client
> excluded RTF suggests that the client is being unreasonable -- I can
> think of no use case where RTF *shouldn't* be just as good an option
> as
> MS Word format.

And to put it quite simple: the old Word format is a closed format and
there is no rubygem available for reading or writing Word files on
Linux since no one has gone through the effort of reverse engineering
it (and there are more than enough alternative solutions available
such as RTF and HTML).

Best regards

Peter De Berdt