Hi there,

I’ve actually just started working on a gem I call "ViewMapper" that
creates view scaffolding from existing models:

http://patshaughnessy.net/view_mapper

It can create the standard CRUD scaffolding you're looking for, or
setup views that work with other plugins/gems like auto_complete,
paperclip, etc. It won’t support specifying a namespace, although
that’s an interesting idea. You will have to:
1. Move/rename your existing users controller and view code; leave the
user model there
2. Use view mapper to create a new controller/view for users
3. Move the new one to admin/users and restore your old code.

- pat