Hi,

I am looking for suggestions for hosting for a site we're developing
in RoR (working with developer):

The site allows photographers to upload galleries, so we want to make
sure we have proper memory and bandwidth. Traffic will be pretty light
at first (visitors can search through these galleries). We're pretty
convinced we need dedicated/VPS as opposed to shared hosting.

Important criteria are:

1) backups
2) bandwidth
3) RAM
4) Located in US
5) easy to change/scale as we grow (like add more RAM, etc)

We are working with a web dev so we also need it to be easy for him to
deploy the code on the server.

We've been looking at:

http://www.hostgator.com/vps-hosting/
http://www.linode.com/
http://webbynode.com/

Anyone familiar with these guys? Other recs?

Thanks - I appreciate the help!

-Mike