Hi there,

since two days or so my application doesn't seem to execute the system
method. I use it for generating thumbnails like:

    def create_thumb(field,image_name)

      thumb_name = "..."
      path = "..."

      # call ImageMagick method from console
      command = "convert -thumbnail 120x120 " + path + image_name + " " +
path + thumb_name
      logger.info("UPLOAD: before converting to 120x120 with #{command}")
      system(command)

The output to the logger is correct. When  I execute the command string in
the console (rails console or linux console) it works. But it seems not to
work inside my Rails controller, which is really weird. It just don't gets
executed. I don't get any error messages, any. Where else can I look?

Thanks for any help.

Chris