I advise using a text editor and command line tools if you are just
learning. An IDE will hide too many important things from you. Plus,
you'll spend time dicking around with the IDE and plugins and just
trying to get it working that you can be spending building your
application or learning Rails and Ruby.

I use Eclipse for Java development. Not because I like it, but because
I've used an IDE my whole Java career and can not do without the
crutch. I've vowed to not restrict myself like that with Ruby and
Groovy.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Krum Bakalsky <kpym....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Can you tell me which are the most popular and widely used IDEs for
> Ruby, and for Ruby on Rails development ? According to your
> impressions ?
> What do you use the most ? Are there different solutions for the
> different operating systems ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Krum.

Curtis Cooley