Colin Law wrote:

> You can tell whether it changed anything by checking your current
> version against the version in your version control repository.  If
> you are not using one (git for example) start by setting one up.  When
> messing about upgrading rails and so on you need to be able to track
> what you have done, revert experimental changes, and so on.  A day or
> two spent learning git will be recovered very quickly.
>
> Colin

I use subversion.  Not much changed after executing "rake rails:update"
on my current project. I think it mainly changed the boot.rb file.

What is odd is that I even created a new rails app from scratch and it
is also having the same problem serving up anything from the public
folder---stylesheets, javascripts, images, etc...  If I start webrick on
this new app, it appears that the "new rails app" page loads with the
images, but if I refresh, it immediately gives me the 500 errors on the
static content.

I think I've worked through most of the other problems related to all
the various plugins I'm using, but this issue still is puzzling why even
a new rails app has the same problem.

Chris