On Apr 26, 11:08 pm, kimda <tkk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After this command, I still get same error.
> gem install ruby-oci8 -v 2.0.3

When I said require rubygems I meant that you need to do -rrubygems as
well as -roci8

> my oracle connect identifier works fine in another windows machine
> that is prod env. So, I assume oracle stuff is ok.

Does oracle require any environment variables or configuration files
etc ? I know nothing about oracle but
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_faq.html#03_01
seems to suggest that jdbc:oracle:thin is appropriate when using jdbc,
which you're not.

Fred