[Please quote when replying -- it makes the thread easier to follow.]

TINODEV wrote:
> Many thanks for the answers :)
>
> @ Marnen - Appreciate your advice and recommendations as for
> JavaScript..
> I assume you mean JavaScript / Ajax?

I meant what I said.  Use Ajax or not as your application demands.

> Anyway, I'll look into it in more depth...

[...]
> As for InstantRails - My feeling is sonner than later I'll try and
> configure Rails on Windows on my own.. even if only for having a
> better feeling of it and how to..

Why?  Most Rails devs on Windows seem to use InstantRails.

> When I come to do this (unless I combine moving to Rails 3 at the same
> time),
> Your blog entry would be very useful :)
>
> Anyway, the reason I haven't moved to Rails 3 yet (though developing a
> new application, no backward compatibility needed) is it's still a
> beta.. I really want to go into it but need the application to be very
> stable and don't have much time to play around (though anyway, I'm
> learning in parallel), so am not sure I should move right now to Rails
> 3, unless will hear different feedbacks..

I'm not sure you should either.  Rails 3 has a lot of amazing features,
but it's still prerelease software, and I'm not certain that it's fully
stable yet.  But do switch when it's released!

> Also, now, having JavaScript in mind and my "view" requirements, maybe
> Rails 3 can actually make things easier/smoother for me?

Well, Rails 2's JavaScript helpers should be entirely avoided, because
they mix JavaScript into your HTML, which is bad coding practice
(JavaScript, like CSS, really belongs in separate files from HTML).  I
understand Rails 3 fixes this.

> Hmm.. also, How's you experience so far using Rails 3 on Windows
> (assuming you do use it on windows)?

I certainly don't use Windows, and I really don't recommend that anyone
else develop on it either.  If you can't get a Mac, at least set up a
Linux VM or something. :)

> Again - many thanks :)
>
> tino.

Best,