Some of are required to work on windows at work. I do have a
production Rails app running on a windows box. it's internal and
doesn't have a high hit rate so I'm ok with it. The box also runs ASP
classic on it, so it's running IIS and Apache. I like pain. At home I
use a Mac and prefer it.

I'm not going to get into a mac/win or html5/flash war. We can try to
steer our clients/boss to make better decisions. Enough on that.

Rails 3 has been very stable on my Windows machine and my Mac. I'm
even using Cucumber and rspec for BBD on rails 3.
I like how rails 3 allows you to use unobtrusive JavaScript. (http://
wetherubyists.com/blog/unobtrusive-ajax-with-rails-3)

If one plans ahead and can keep the back end separate from the front
end, you could write a desktop client, iPhone/iPad app, android app
and windows mobile app to access web services.

I know rails 3 is in beta but I would suggest going with it. I don't
know why I find it easier but I do. maybe it's because in rails 3 I'd
type

    rails g scaffold user username:string password:string
easier to type than (remember this is on windows)
    ruby script/generate scaffold user username:string password:string

I know it's not that much but it is less.
I've used rails since it's 0.9 days but in mo means a guru.

side note peepcode has some really good screen casts too http://peepcode.com/
Also noticed this website today. http://isuckatruby.com/

I also have a rails 3 "app" with Authlogic and
declarative_authorization.
Disclaimer: Not all the rspec tests have been written and I need to re-
factor all the tests. So please be kind when ripping it to shreds.
http://github.com/johnivanoff/auth_with_roles

Cheers,
John