I have an app that does a number of collection_selects.  There are two general methods of getting the data and displaying it that I am aware of.

You can do a find in the controller and assign the result to an instance variable and do the collection_select stuff in the view.

Alternatively you can put the whole find and collection_select in the view (in erb of course).

To me it seems to clutter up the view to do the find in the view so I prefer it in the controller.  Is there some reason that it would be better to do it all in the view?

I am looking for opinions here on the 'best practice' or does it not matter?

Thanks
Norm