Hi All,

Here is my roadmap for my first app in ruby:
1) installed vbox and have ubuntu 10.04 lucid as guest os
2) using apache, passenger , mysql and ruby on rails.
Installed all of them separately. so this is the stack i'm using.

i'm originally well versed in oracle /ms sql db design and pgm.
so, created my backend db using mysql workbench (first time using mysql
workbench. It is isn't like erwin but does the job for mysql)

Created my model in mysql wbench and generated the sql script file for
creating tables. this is done.
Installed phpmyadmin and using the gui of it for mysql gui purposes.
Imported the sql script via phpmyadmin and the database is completed
with all its structure.

Now, I wanted to use this backened db and use it for ruby on rails web
app.
My web app is a simple web app which has only seven tables and
relationships within it and it exists only in mysql db right now.

i created the structure using
rails -d mywebapp mysql

executed
ruby script/server

and the web app is up and running with the default page.

now, i have a table called category in mysql db and want to get the CRUD
pages in ruby on rails web app.

I really hate to retype all my column names in the scaffold command.

so i want to skip migration in rails.
so i ran the command
script/generate scaffold category -- skip-migration

but this doesn't seem to have created any CRUD pages for the table
category in mysql db.
What should i do to see the CRUD pages for the table category ?
By CRUD, i mean the create category, edit category, delete, etc.

I am avoiding the scaffold command because i hate to type all my column
names in that command line.
Can I avoid that ?
Is there a way out?
Please help.