Hello,

I am following the railstutorial.org. The model User that is being
developed [1] is using an active record "validates" helper that I want
to know more about. However, when I search [2] I can't seem to find
any reference to this helper. I was under the impression that
"validates" is the new way (rails 3) while the helpers documented in
[2] were the old method. Is this correct? Where can I read more about
"validates"?

Daniel

[1] http://github.com/dlidstrom/bowling/blob/master/app/models/user.rb
[2] http://guides.rubyonrails.org/active_record_validations_callbacks.html