On 10-10-10 12:19 AM, egervari wrote:
Okay, the newest version of the rspec executes all the tests in 2.873
seconds with a total time of 16.7 seconds. My guess is that this rspec-
rails version saved me ~2 seconds and rails is still eating up 15
seconds.

This is very similar to Grails. 15-20 seconds is absurd. I am a
nitpicker and would just outright refuse to program under such
conditions. LOL ;)

programming RoR on Win7 is absurd imho ;)

Maybe if I have a spare hard drive I can install linux? What's a good
distribution these days for someone that likes user-friendly and good
performance?

I use kubuntu, i love kde, its one of the easier linux to setup has regular updates, latest version 10.10 is out today!

throw vmware or virtualbox on win7 and install linux to run as a virtual machine on your win7 (no need to worry about dual boot setup), be up and running in minutes and be rid of the GUI handcuff mindset!

Ken