Hello, I'm working to create a method in my controller to check an
email to see if the email's domain is acceptable. I want to prevent
gmail and hotmail for certain reasons. Here's what I have so far:

controller:
    if valid_email_domain(email_address)
      # good email domain
    else
      # bad email domain
    end

protected
  def valid_email_domain(emailAddy)
    reg = Regexp.new '/#{User::INVALID_EMAILS.map{|a|
Regexp.quote(a)}.join("|")}/'
    return true if emailAddy.scan(reg).size == 0
  end

user model:
INVALID_EMAILS = %w(gmail.com hotmail.com)

But that errors, any ideas? I'm not sure if I'm doing the REGEX
correctly, could use some regex help.