Megas Megas wrote in post #980942:
> To Michael Pavling
> I understood your point and let me check your statement by my questions.
>
> How do you know which partition is using now? On my diagram at one
> glance i can see all partitions for current view. Sometimes some
> projects change layouts dynamically, I've spent a lot of time to
> discover this.

The flow through a Rails application can be represented in Cucumber
stories and be rediscovered by reading the stories that specify the
behavior of the application. In my mind this is more useful than a bunch
of compiled documentation that may or may not accurately represent the
application at any given time.

Besides the automatic documentation provided by Cucumber stories the
stories can be executed at any time to prove the application flow is as
specified by the stories and that nothing has changed.

> How do you find the place where action is initiated? Through the search?
> It takes a long time, isn't?

By reading the corresponding Cucumber story.

> From the place where action is initiated, could be many chained/nested
> actions. How you can understand that one action will force some reaction
> and  another reaction won't? Yes, you can do this in your mind but I
> found it is very long term activity.

I don't find this generally true in the Rails applications I've written
to date. It's usually pretty obvious what's happening by reading the
stories and unit tests.

> When i made this diagram, everything in this controller became clear for
> me, but here's drawback - it takes a lot of time to build.

Spend that time writing Cucumber stories and specs with Rspec or unit
tests with Test::Unit. Unlike diagrams the tests themselves can be
executed to prove the behavior of the application code.