On Mar 1, 4:47 pm, Gaba Luschi <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> When I tried to install gems, I got the following error:
> ERROR: While executing gem ...<Errno::EACCES>
> Permission denied - ruby/1.9.1/drb
>
> and when I tried gem install rails, I got
>
> ERROR: Error installing rails:
> rails requires activesupport <=2.2.3, runtime>
>
> what am I doing wrong?

Can you reproduce the entire message of the error?

Also, please include the output of "gem env" command so we can see the
directories were it tries to place files.

If you installed Ruby using administrative privileges on Windows, you
need to open a command prompt with the same level of privileges for
gems to install properly.

--
Luis Lavena