On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Manny 777 <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>  I try to make simple search items in database, but unfortunately, I
> cant to get the results... always. I am trying to search the items with
> using of following command:
>
> @data = Data.find(:all, :conditions => { :name => 'abcd' })
>
> But unfortunately, I am not getting any result... Of course, the item
> with the name 'abcd' in database exist... The weird is this, that when I
> try to edit the command:

The data in your database may have spaces after it that you are not seeing.
The find is not returning what you expect because it is trying to match an
exact string. 'abcd' does not equal 'abcd '. Check the data in your database
to make sure there are no spaces after it. A simple check would be to run
the following in irb:

Data.find(:all).each {|i| puts "#{i.name}|" }

If the names don't print out with the pipe (|) as the last character in the
string then you have a space at the end of the name.

B.