I guess I am going to blog about this once I have a bit more time.

In general my observation with websites and javascript is that you have lots
of code that applies to all pages if you structure it right (usage of class
names in css), and very few pages that have intense, page specific code. The
project I am working right now has about 1000 lines of coffeescript for the
search page and maybe 200 for the rest of the site (and some custom jquery
plugins), which makes solutions like the one I proposed rather save. The
class is attached to the body because I am following the *html5*
boilerplate.com/
conventions.