Hi Hassan,

Thanks for your reply.

> What happens when you want to add a feature that requires adding
> a different gem? Is he going to write his own version of that too? Or
> when an existing gem needs an update?

U'm, I'm afraid he might try ...

> Install everything, delete what you don't want, and commit the one
> gem you need. Done.

This is what I'm having trouble with. I've worked quite a lot with Rails
2.x, but this is the first thing I've done with Rails 3.x and am
therefore not very familiar with Bundler.

I did install everything and then deleted what I didn't need, but then
when I tried to start WEBrick, it wouldn't start complaining about
missing dependencies. I no longer remember the exact error message as I
rolled everything back after that, but I could reproduce it if that
helps.

What exactly do you mean by "Commit the gem you need".
Am I missing a step?

Thanks very much for your help so far.