I've not used SVN for some years now nor Vlad the Deployer ever, but I'm
using Capistrano / GitHub, and it is possible there using the Capistrano
multistage extension.  You simply define common parts of the configuration
in a common file and any varying configuration parts (including SCM branch,
in your case) in the environment-specific config file, and you're off and
running.

See: https://github.com/capistrano/capistrano/wiki/2.x-Multistage-Extension