On Dec 13, 2011, at 12:16 PM, John Doe wrote:

> Internet references are years out of date and links to downloads broken.
> Is Rails on IIS dead?
>
> We need to make a development decision and right now the situation it
> looks dire for Ruby on Rails... We could do with a straight answer.

Do any of those references refer to Rack? I think that's the issue any more.
I'm pretty sure that if you can host a Rack application on IIS, then you can
host Rails.

I've never tried, because I've never needed to. I last used IIS in the late
90s, and I'm pretty sure it's changed a lot since then, but at the time, it was
in principle trying very hard to ape the Apache conventions so as to ease
uptake. Things like .htaccess and CGI and address rewriting were designed to be
fairly transferable from one environment to the other.

What is your use-case that is binding you to IIS?

Walter