On 13 December 2011 17:56, John Doe <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I appreciate the answers, but, why is everyone asking about my business
> case for IIS?

Because you're telling us about a problem you have, and we're asking
you to back-up a little...

> Suffice it to say that I am bound by corporate policy which is now
> committed to Microsoft technology.

Well, then you won't be using Rails, as it's not MS technology, and
you would be breaching your corporate policy if you did.
Alternatively, if you can meet your "policy" by using Windows servers,
but other software (like Apache, or even a *nix VM running on a
Windows-based hypervisor...) then Rails may be an option.

> over merits of Apache versus IIS but corporate policy perceives Apache
> as a quirky open source thing that poses a security risk.

As opposed to quirky closed source things that pose security risks?!
Sounds like you have a management-education problem ;-)